Getir UK Limited Website Privacy Notice
Published on: 27/01/2021
Getir UK Limited ("Getir") respects your right to privacy. This Privacy Notice explains who we are, how we collect, share and use personal information about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights. This Privacy Notice only applies to personal information that we collect through our website at http://www.getir.uk/ (“Website”). For personal information that we collect when you use or interact with our mobile app, please see our App Privacy Notice.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, then please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Privacy Notice.
We recommend that you read this Privacy Notice in full to ensure you are fully informed. However, if you only want to access a particular section of this Privacy Notice, then you can click on the relevant link below to jump to that section.
- What does Getir do?
- What personal information does Getir collect and why?
- Who does Getir share my personal information with?
- Legal basis for processing personal information
- Cookies and similar tracking technology
- International data transfers
- Data retention
- Updates to this Privacy Notice
- How to contact us
What does Getir do?
Getir is an on-demand delivery service that offers customers the opportunity to purchase products and have them delivered directly to their door. If you wish to order our products, please use our App, which is available at App Store and Google Play Store.
For more information about Getir, please visit our Website at http://www.getir.uk.
What personal information does Getir collect and why?
The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
- Information that you provide
Certain parts of our Website may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily: for example, we may ask you to provide your contact details such as your name, email address and phone number, as well as detail of your communication subject and request information when you contact us via the contact form.
We process this personal data to communicate with you, deal with your request, including sending communication directly with you, following up on any issues raised, providing you with the appropriate details and where you are seeking to apply to work with us.
- Information that we collect automatically
When you visit our Website, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. Specifically, we collect your IP address and user transaction records which includes information about how your device has interacted with our Website, including the pages accessed and links clicked. We may also collect your device type, unique device identification numbers, browser type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Website, where they come from, and what content on our Website is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Website to our visitors.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further under the heading "Cookies and similar tracking technology" below.
Who does Getir share my personal information with?
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- to our group companies, Getir Turkey (Getir Perakende Lojistik A.Ş.) and Getir Netherlands (Getir B.V);
- to our third party services providers and partners who provide data processing services to us (for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of our Website), or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in this Privacy Notice or notified to you when we collect your personal information. ;
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to an actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice;
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Legal basis for processing personal information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only (i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or (iii) where we have your consent to do so. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests, this interest will normally be to operate our Website and communicating with you as necessary to provide our services to you and for our legitimate commercial interest, for instance, when responding to your queries, or improving our Website. We may have other legitimate interests and if appropriate we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the "How to contact us" heading below.
Cookies and similar tracking technology
How does Getir keep my personal information secure?
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information.
International data transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country.
Specifically, our Website servers are located in Ireland, and our group companies and third party service providers and partners operate around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
These include implementing the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of personal information between our group companies, which require all group companies to protect personal information they process from the UK or EEA in accordance with UK and/or European Union data protection law, as applicable.
Our Standard Contractual Clauses can be provided on request. We have implemented similar appropriate safeguards with our third party service providers and partners and further details can be provided upon request.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with information you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. Also, to opt out of telemarketing, e-mail, notification, or SMS form of marketing, please visit the Communication Preferences section under the Profile tab in our App.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact the UK Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) whose details are available here.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
You can see when this Privacy Notice was initially published by checking the “published on” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us using the following details: email@example.com.
The data controller of your personal information is Getir UK Limited.